Well, if you want to see the rainforest, you can surely expect to see some rain, right? In Costa Rica, as well as other tropical areas of Central America, we do have a marked rainy season from May to November. However, with nature you can never know how rainy it will be, so here are some general ‘good to know’ facts about our rainy season!
- The temperature does not vary greatly with the rainy season. It tends to be cooler than the dry season, but it will not be a game changer for your vacation.
- Rainy season as most people know it, goes from May to November…but the Caribbean side does not follow that rule! In fact, the driest months over there are September and October!
- The typical day during the rainy season has a sunny beautiful morning and showers in the afternoon and/or night: that gives you plenty of time to do you outdoor activities first and chill later!
- You can even save a few bucks taking advantage of the green season discounts that many hotels and tour operators offer!
- You can have several straight days with no rain, even during the rainy season; as you can have a rainy day during the dry season!
- As expected, everything is lush and green! Even the tropical dry forest will be green, and animals love it as well!
- The sky tends to be cloudy, but when the sun goes out, even for just a moment, you will witness a spectacular and colorful landscape that will yield unbelievable pictures of your vacations!
- A hike in the rain can be healthier for you: the air is cleaner and fresher and the sound and smell of the rain has a calming effect on people.
Rain should not stop you from traveling and enjoying nature! It’s just part of the experience of visiting a tropical paradise…that’s why we say that the perfect time to visit Costa Rica is always NOW!
Leave a Reply