Did you know that during September and October there is a dry season in Costa Rica? Those two months are the rainiest in the Central Valley and the Pacific Coast, but are the driest of the year in the Caribbean side.
A good time to travel Western Costa Rica indeed! Most would say, let’s go to Puerto Viejo in the South Caribbean! But keep in mind that the nice weather will not only be on the Caribbean coast, but also on all of the regions that are influenced by it! So, we will give you the top 5 things to do in Costa Rica during those two months!
1. Go rafting! The best rivers for rafting in Costa Rica run on the Caribbean slope! So you will have nice sunny days and good levels of water in the river for a fun-filled adventure.
2. Visit Tortuguero: the canals and its wildlife are breathtaking, you will have sunny beautiful days but also it coincides with the green sea turtle nesting season. You can’t miss that amazing natural show!
3. Well, yes go to the beach, visit Puerto Viejo or Cahuita! It is a perfect and festive time to travel the south Caribbean. And of course, a nice get-away to Bocas del Toro in Panamá falls right into this category!
4. Visit Sarapiquí: it might not be so popular but it definitely is a nature lover paradise. Miles of tropical rainforest, rivers and waterfalls for water sports and adventures and a very fertile soil that provides the perfect environment for agro-tourism.
5. Go the the Arenal Volcano: yes, its weather is influenced by the Caribbean too, so it is a good opportunity to do all the fun outdoor activities and enjoy the spectacular view of this conic shaped volcano.
There are many traveler attractions in Costa Rica, and there is a good time to enjoy them all!
Leave a Reply