Visit Monteverde, this iconic destination that gets thousands of tourist every year for the beauty of its cloud forest and the model of conservation and natural resources management. If you want to experience an adrenaline rush, this is the place that Elemento Natural recommends for zip-lining and other adventures! A night walk in Monteverde´s cloud forest is a unique experience that gives you a whole different perspective of the wildlife when the sun sets. The will fall in love with the small villages of Monteverde and Santa Elena with their coziness and their charming architecture.
From ₡90000 per person
• Departure at 6:00 am. from a convenient point in San José.
• Breakfast stop at 7:30, not included in the price.
• Arrival and check in at the hotel by noon.
• Free afternoon to walk the village, enjoy the hotel or do an optional activity like the hanging bridges!
• Night walk at 5:30 pm.
• Dinner at 8:30pm.
• Breakfast at 7:00 am.
• Zip-lining tour with tarzan-swing, rappel and superman cable, at 8:30am.
• Lunch at 12:00 pm.
• Return to San José at 2:30 pm.
Monteverde is located in Puntarenas province in Tilarán´s mountain range. Monteverde was founded as a village in the 50’s by gold diggers. With a conservationist vision, they protected some of the area, which in turn facilitated the creation of the Biological Reserve Monteverde in 1972 as a private reserve of 10500 hectares. In terms of conservation areas, we also find the Children´s Eternal Forest and the Santa Elena Reserve, towards north, a very succesful example of comunity management of a protected area.
• Transportation from/to San José.
• Lodging with breakfast.
• Canopy tour with adventures.
• Guided night walk.
• Clothing for cool weather.
• Hiking shoes.
• Always respect nature.