Travel to one of the most biodiverse places on earth with Elemento Natural: Drake Bay is also one of the most beautiful area of the Osa Peninsula, very close to Caño Island. In this trip you can enjoy the beaches in Drake, the ocean, the forest and scuba dive in the coral reefs of the Caño Island.
From $360 per person
• Meeting at the airport at 6:30 am. at Juan Santamaría International Airport.
• Flight at 8:30 am. to Drake Airport.
• Check in at the hotel at 10 am.
• Free afternoon to hike the trail that borders the coastline from Drake to Corcovado, swim in the ocean or get local at the little village of Drake!
Night: Drake Bay
• Breakfast at 6:30 am.
• Meeting point at the beach at 7:20 am.
• Scuba diving at Caño Island from 8 am to 12 pm.
• Another free afternoon to enjoy wildlife of the area!
Night: Drake Bay
• Breakfast at 8:00 am.
• Departure to Drake airport at 10 am.
• Flight to San José at 12:20 pm.
Cano Island is a biological reserve located some 20 km from the Osa Peninsula. It was an important site for the pre-columbian indigenous groups, since they used it as a cemetery and a sacred place. Today, it has archaeological relevance because you can find perfectly round spheres made by these groups, a clear demonstration of the South American influence. The island is surrounded by 5 platforms of coral reef, making it a spectacular scuba diving and snorkeling destination.
• Lodging with breakfasts and dinners.
• Dive Master.
•Scuba diving tour, two inmersions, equipment and lunch.
• Comfortable shoes for hiking, light clothing of neutral colors.
• Your diving gear, including your log.
• PADI OPEN WATER or similar license is required.