Rio Celeste, is well known for its peculiar turquoise color; it is a natural phenomena that will amaze you. Its color truly resembles a little piece of heaven in the earth: come discover with us the beauty of the of the river at the confluence point where it turns blue, the natural hotsprings with the boiling water, the spectacular view of the Tenorio Volcano at the ´mirador´ and the marvelous blue waterfall, all in the same national park.
From ₡60000 per person
• Departure at 6:00 am. from a convenient point in San José.
• Breakfast stop on the way at 7:30, not included in the price.
• Arrival and check in at the hotel by noon, then lunch.
• Free afternoon, you can then use your time for optional and recommended activities, or just relax!
• Dinner at 8:30pm.
Night: Río Celeste
• Breakfast at 7:00 am.
• At 8:00 am, hike at Río Celeste, the tour lasts approximately 3 hours.
• Lunch at 1:00 pm, not included in the price.
• Departure to San José at 3:00 pm.
Tenorio National Park is located between Guatuso and Upala counties of Alajuela province; Cañas, Bagaces and Tilarán counties of Guanacaste province, in the Guanacaste Mountain Range. Due to its geographic location, the mountain range functions as a natural wall that intercepts the clouds and humidity that are coming from the Caribbean, pushed by the northeast winds, that will turn eventually to rain. Río Celeste, is part of this national park and it is one of the main natural attractions of the area.
Tubing Rio Frio
Descienda por los rápidos del río en un flotador, un viaje divertido por las hermosas aguas del “Río Frío”. Precio especial: $45 por persona
2 hours tour on the beautiful town of La Paz, including the visit of a farm with a very nice waterfall and the majestic ´peace tree´. Special price: $40 per person.
• Transfer from/to San José.
• Lodging in double occupancy with breakfast.
• Tour and entrance fee to the national park.
• Extra clothing for both days.
• Raincoat, light clothing with neutral colors and hiking shoes, for the trek.
• Remember to respect nature at all times.